Red papaya puree concentrate is extracted from red papayas, a luscious tropical fruit originated from southern Mexico, Northern America and Central America. Now, Papayas are grown in all tropical regions. India is the largest producer of Papayas and contributes to 45% of the world’s production. Red papaya is predominantly cultivated in Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Kerala.
ABC Fruits offer red papaya puree concentrate, manufactured from the finest quality of red papayas, maintaining the commercial sterility without losing the freshness, taste, and quality. Our product is well accepted by the customers across domestic and international markets because of its uncompromising quality.
|product||Red Papaya Concentrate ( Min 25 Brix)|
Once the raw papaya reaches our factory, the first stage of quality check is done to remove mechanically injured or spoilt papayas. The papayas are unloaded into the crates and kept in the ripening chamber. The papayas are ripened naturally in order to maintain the freshness and natural flavour in the red papaya puree concentrate. The papayas undergo two stages of washing. Firstly, it is washed with fresh water at 20-50 ppm and then with chlorinated water
At 70 Deg Celcius. The papayas are sliced and sent to the destoner machinery. The destoner machinery crushes the fruit to produce red papaya pulp. The product is preheated at 65- 70 Degree Celsius and passed through decanter for specks removal. To extract red papaya concentrate, the pulp is passed through the evaporator to remove the water content through a vacuum process. Eventually, the red papaya concentrate is passed through a magnetic trap and metal detector to remove speck particles. The product is packed in aseptic bags in MS drums and stored in a temperature-controlled warehouse.
Red Papaya Concentrate Specification
|Parameter Group||Range Value|
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL|
|Refractometric Brix @ 20 Deg Cel||Minimum 20|
|Acidity As % And. Citric Acid||0.60 – 1.20|
|pH As Natural||Max 4.40|
|Consistency – Bostwick (20 ± 2°C )||3.0-10.0 (Cm/30sec)|
|Brix – Acid Ratio||30-40|
|Black Specks / 10 gm||Nil|
|Brown Specks / 10 gm||NMT 10|
|Total Plate Count cfu/ ml||<10|
|Yeast & Mould Count cfu / ml||<10|
|Coliform Count cfu / ml||Absent|
|Colour||Red to Deep Red|
|Flavour & Aroma||Typical of ripe Red Papaya without any off flavour|
|Taste||Characteristics of ripe Red Papaya fruit|
|Free of Any Fermentation Or Any Other Off Taste.|
|Appearance||Homogenous & free of any foreign matter|
|Red Papaya Concentrate is packed aseptically in pre-sterilized aseptic bags placed with polyliner in food-grade epoxy painted (inside) open-top MS drum. Product Net weight: 220 Kgs / Drum|
|80 Drums Per 20’ Container ( With Pallet or Without pallet packing - optional).|
|Red Papaya Concentrate should be stored at ambient temperature and not below 40C. Avoid exposure to higher temperature and sunlight.|
|SHELF – LIFE|
|Best before 24 months from the date of manufacturing|
Red papaya concentrate is used in various industries because of its numerous nutritional values and a wide variety of applications
- Dairy: Yoghurts, Icecreams, and milkshakes.
- Bakery and confectionery: Tarts, Cakes, Cake fillings, doughnuts and icing.
- Beverages: Smoothies, juices, nectars and premium beverages.
- Other processed foods: Nutritional fruit bars, jams, and jellies.
- Baby foods: Drinks, fruit desserts and fruit juices.
Health benefits of red papaya concentrate
- Red papaya contains an antioxidant called red beta-carotene, that reduces the risk of cancer.\
- Vitamin K present in the red papaya concentrate reduces the risk of bone fracture. Vitamin K helps in calcium absorption and strengthens the bones.
- Papaya concentrate is low in carbohydrates that lowers the blood glucose levels and acts as a healthy diet.
- Papayas are rich in fibre and water content that promotes a healthy digestive tract.
- A massive amount of essential vitamins like A and C and lycopene present in papaya puree concentrate improves the skin health.
ABC Fruits is the leading manufacturer and exporter of Red papaya pulp and concentrate in India.