Bananas are one of the world’s largest crops after wheat, rice, and corn. Bananas have their origin in Southeast Asia thousand years ago and reached the Americas in the early 1500s where Africans cultivated in plots alongside sugar plantations. Later, Arab traders introduced the fruit to the middle east and east coast of Africa. The northeastern and southern parts of India are the major cultivators of Bananas. Unlike seasonal fruits, Bananas are produced throughout the year. Bananas are predominantly cultivated in Tamilnadu, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, and Karnataka.
Our Banana puree is manufactured by automated process lines and clean hygienic conditions that comply with international food quality standards. Our banana puree, produced from hand-picked bananas, holds the tropical freshness of the fruit that you can savour to encounter a heavenly delight. Our customer-centric approach and no compromise on the product quality made us one of the most trusted Banana puree manufacturers in India. Though there are many Banana products in India, Banana puree is gaining popularity because of its applications and benefits.
Aseptic banana puree is manufactured from high-quality and perfectly ripened cavendish varieties of bananas. The harvested raw banana fruits are transported to our manufacturing facility and the first stage of quality check is done. The banana fruits are sorted, unloaded, and filled in the crates. It is kept in the ripening chamber and the fruits are ripened naturally to maintain the fresh and natural flavour of the fruit. The fruits are washed with chlorinated water initially and then with fresh water to eliminate foreign dust and dirt. The banana is peeled off and inspection is done on the conveyor. The fruits are crushed in the fruit miller to produce banana puree. The banana puree is heated at 85-95 Deg Celsius and stored in the pulp collection tank. The banana puree concentrate is then passed through a metal detector and strainer to remove speck particles. Eventually, the banana puree is packed in aseptic bags in MS drums with a poly liner inside. The product is stored in a temperature-controlled warehouse.
Banana Puree Specification
|Parameter Group||Range Value|
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL|
|Refractometric Brix @ 20 Deg Cel||Minimum 20|
|Acidity As % Anhydrous Citric Acid||0.40 – 0.70|
|pH As Natural||Max 4.50|
|Consistency – Bostwick (20 ± 2°C )||5.0 - 10.0 (Cm/30sec)|
|Black Specks / 10 gm||Nil|
|Brown Specks / 10 gm||NMT 10|
|Total Plate Count cfu/ gm||<10|
|Yeast & Mould Count cfu / ml||<10|
|Coliform Count cfu / ml||Absent|
|Flavour||Typical of ripe Banana without any off flavour|
|Taste||Characteristic ripe banana taste.|
|Appearance||Uniform, homogeneous smooth, free from fibres and any foreign and Extraneous matter.|
|Banana Puree is packed aseptically in pre-sterilized aseptic bags placed with polyliner in food-grade epoxy painted (inside) open-top MS drum. Product Net weight: 220 Kgs / Drum.|
|80 Drums Per 20’ Container ( With Pallet or Without pallet packing - optional).|
|Banana Puree should be stored at ambient temperature and not below 40C. Avoid exposure to higher temperature and sunlight.|
|SHELF – LIFE|
|Best before 24 months from the date of manufacturing.|
Since bananas have become a diet for most people because of their innumerable benefits banana puree has a wide range of applications in various food processing industries.
- Beverages: Smoothies, Juices, soft drinks, cocktails, and also consumed as Banana puree.
- Dairy: Icecreams, Yoghurts, and milkshakes.
- Confectionery: Cakes, Puddings, fillers, and toppings
- Other foods: Candies, fruit jams, jellies, and baby foods.
- The banana puree contains two fibres namely resistant starch and pectin that helps that feed the friendly gut bacteria and prevents colon cancer.
- Banana puree is a rich source of potassium and magnesium helps in lowering blood pressure and lowers the risk of heart diseases.
- Bananas contain calcium that improves bone health. It has a non-digestive carbohydrate that stirs up digestive friendly probiotics and increases the ability of our body to absorb calcium.
- The antioxidants, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C present in the banana puree keep the eye and skin healthy.
- Since the banana puree is rich in pectin, it acts as a natural detox and limits the fat cells that the body can absorb.
ABC Fruits is the leading manufacturer and exporter of Banana Puree Concentrates in India.